Monday, February 23, 2009

About the movie Slumdog Millionaire

According to the article Slumdog Subtext, the movie has caused some contraversy in India. I suppose it could be offensive seeing the way a person's country is being viewed around the world. I know it bothers me everytime I see a movie portraying Kentucky as poor, with a bunch of junky rednecks.
I haven't seen the previews for this new movie yet. I did notice some awards going out last night for it on the oscars. After reading this article though, it seems it may be a very interesting movie to see. It sounds as though it has a good plot. Having to grow up the way the boy in story does is very sad. Living in a foster home sent out to beg, and then beaten by police. It's hard to believe anyone has to live a life as hard as his. Winning a contest that helps his life in many ways had to be a dream come true.
The movie sounds as though it is heartfelt and I don't think India should take it as insult. I look foward to seeing it. (Crossette)
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment